Top 5 Jubilee TeasMay 31, 2022
What is Rooibos?August 20, 2022
Jasmine Mint and Honey Cooler
A Jasmine mint and honey cooler is such a delight to drink in the Summer months. A Jasmine iced tea which is delicious but also very easy to make! Let’s face it no one wants to be faffing around with complex recipes when you could be relaxing in the sunshine!
How to make
You will only need a few ingredients and knowledge of how to brew Green tea, which you can find on our how to brew green tea page. Some thing that will affect the flavour hugely is the temperature you brew the tea at. We recommend 75 degrees. If you do not have a temperature control kettle, boil the water, then open the lid of the kettle and allow to cool for a minute or two.
Which tea to use? A good quality of Jasmine Tea will produce the best flavour. Jasmine Chung Hao is a wonderful tea for this recipe. Light, tender, floral and slightly sweet and velvety! You could also use Jasmine Phoenix Pearls or Jasmine Oolong!
Jasmine Mint & Honey Cooler Recipe
- A good quality looseleaf Jasmine tea ( 3 grams per 200ml you are making)
- Mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- Add Jasmine tea leaves and mint to water which is 75 degrees. Steep for 3 minutes and remove leaves from water.
- While the tea is still hot add the honey and stir so it dissolves.
- Place tea to one side to cool.
- Once tea is cooled add ice and additional mint to garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tip : You can make up a large quantity and enjoy over a couple of days if properly refrigerated.
If you do make this recipe please share your results with us on our Facebook or Instagram page. We hope you enjoy your tea and check back for more seasonal recipes in the future!