MatchaMay 26, 2020
How to cold brew coffeeJuly 21, 2020
Iced coffee is a great way to keep cool and enjoy your favourite beverage on a hot day! Have you ever wondered how to make iced coffee? Buying them out and about can be expensive so check out these cool ways to make iced coffee so you can enjoy one in the comfort of your own home or make one in a travel cup and have it on the go.
Here we will share with you a few recipes for iced and chilled coffees, including how you can make great iced coffee without a blender!
Let’s get started with …
Coffee Ice Cubes
Coffee ice cubes are so easy to make and can be used in a few ways. A handy way to use up any left over brew too, we recommend keeping some of these in your freezer this summer.
Throw them into a glass of cold milk and allow them to dissolve for a cool latte drink. You can also use these instead of regular ice cubes in iced coffee to prevent the melting cubes from watering down the taste. Add to smoothies, cold brewed coffee or even to alcoholic drinks for a little hit of coffee loveliness!
How to make coffee ice cubes:
Super simple to make, the hardest part is waiting for them to freeze! Add cooled coffee to a clean ice cube tray and place in the freezer. You can use a strong black coffee on its own or add milk and even flavoured syrups. If using milk keep the ratio of coffee to milk high so you don’t loose the flavour.
Making Iced Coffee At Home
There are a few ways to make iced coffee at home, we will explain how to make it with and without a blender as there’s no reason to miss out if you don’t own one of these gadgets. If you like it with milk you can use any kind you like, plant, dairy or condensed for extra sweetness.
Without a blender:
- Brew your coffee stronger than you usually would and add sugar, honey or syrup while still hot if you like a sweeter coffee.
- Allow your coffee to cool to at least room temperature and place in the fridge in a glass or ceramic container to chill further.
- When the coffee is nice and chilled, pour into a tall glass with ice cubes and add milk if you wish.
With a blender:
- Brew your coffee stronger than you usually would and allow to cool completely.
- Pour coffee into the blender and add some handfuls of ice, milk if you wish and some maple syrup or honey for a sweetener if you prefer your coffee sweet.
- Blitz in the blender and serve in a glass.
Technically this is not an iced coffee, but it is a fun, easy and quick way to get your fix of coffee in a chilled fashion.
Affogato is an Italian dessert, the word itself means “drowned” in Italian, and is very apt as it is basically ice cream submerged in coffee. Made with hot coffee, as the ice cream melts it creates a cream cool foam. Often enjoyed as a dessert sometimes a shot of liqueur like amaretto is added to make an indulgent slightly boozy treat.
How to make Coffee Affogato :
- Place a scoop of ice cream into a cup or small bowl.
- Brew a strong coffee, Espresso works well with this but you can use a milder coffee if you like.
- Pour the coffee over the ice cream, finish with chocolate flakes and a shot for extra pizzaz.
The coffee you choose to use is totally up to you! You can browse our range of plain and flavoured coffees here.